1. Andy used a new car as an example of the principle that “what gets our money gets our attention.” What’s one example of something that got your money and consequently got your attention?
2. When you think about giving away a percentage of your money (and doing it first), what tensions begin to surface? Check all that apply.
- What if I need that money one day?
- It will take me longer to save (for a house, car, retirement, etc.).
- That money belongs to me. I worked hard for it.
- It will take me longer to pay off my debt.
- I might not have enough to give some away. I have bills to pay.
- I don’t know what cause or organization I’d give to.
- Other members of my family won’t be on board with this.
- Can I give later (e.g., after I get that promotion or pay off my student loan)?
- I already give more than most people.
- I won’t be able to make ends meet.