Our group leaders create environments where people can pursue authentic community and spiritual growth. Leaders provide a place of belonging where people can be real and encourage one another as they seek God’s direction in their lives.
Each group leader has a Gwinnett Church Groups staff member to guide them. As a leader, you will be able to experience leader-only development opportunities. We’ll also provide resources to guide both you and your group members.
To begin the process of becoming a leader, follow these three steps:
- Step 1: Review the below Win, Qualifications, and Expectations.
- Step 2: Complete an application. A link to the application is also provided at the bottom of this page.
- Step 3: Interview with a Groups staff member. We’ll contact you to schedule an interview after we receive your application.
WIN FOR GROUP LEADERS
To create a small group environment where people can pursue authentic community and spiritual growth.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR GROUP LEADERS
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably for two years or more).
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives.
- Have Community Group experience (preferably).
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group.
EXPECTATIONS OF GROUP LEADERS
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members.
- Commit to engaging in leadership development opportunities provided by the church.
- Recognize the influence associated with group leadership.
- For Married Community Groups, both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities.
Begin the application process